Published on October 3rd, 2012 | by orthomolecular0
End Fluoridation Say Physicians and Scientists
Available Online Video Archive Features Experts Speaking Out in Their Own Words
Opposition to water fluoridation is not new. It started back in the 1940′s. The number of experts opposing the practice appears to be at all-time high. Some of this strong professional opposition is now captured on video and available online. At http://www.fluoridealert.org/
Here are some of the available films:
- Consumer advocate Ralph Nader discusses his stance against water fluoridation. http://www.fluoridealert.org/
- Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation (28 minutes) features a Nobel Laureate in Medicine, three scientists from the National Research Council’s landmark review on fluoride, as well as dentists, medical doctors, and leading researchers in the field.
- Fluoride Deception is an interview with Christopher Bryson, an award-winning journalist, former BBC producer, and author of the book The Fluoride Deception.
- Benefits of Water Fluoridation? is a succinct review of recent research showing that fluoridating water provides little to no benefit to teeth.
- Dr. William Hirzy & the EPA Union on Fluoridation On June 29th, 2000, Dr. William Hirzy was invited to give testimony before a subcommittee of the U.S. Senate. At the time, Dr. Hirzy was serving his sixth term as the Senior Vice-President of EPA’s Headquarters Union of Scientists and Professionals. His presentation that day was, “Why EPA’s Union of Professionals Opposes Fluoridation.” This video documents the event. It also includes interviews with Dr. Hirzy, who describes the reasoning behind the professional and official stance of his Union members in direct opposition to the EPA’s fluoridation policies.
- The Arizona Fluoridation Debate is a formal debate with powerpoint presentations featuring the author of the book The Case Against Fluoride, Paul Connett, PhD, squaring off against Arizona dentist, Howard Farran, DDS.
- The Politics of Fluoride is a 5-minute introduction to how political pressures have thwarted scientific inquiry into fluoride’s risks. The video features interviews with several scientists, including Sir Iain Chalmers and Dr. Phyllis Mullenix.
- Why I Changed My Mind on Fluoridation In this 1998 interview, Dr. John Colquhoun (dentist, researcher, and former Principal Dental Officer for the Auckland, New Zealand) explains why he went from being New Zealand’s leading promoter of fluoridation to being an opponent of the practice.
Spread the Word. Tell Your Doctor, Dentist and Other Scientific Professionals:
Over 4,200 experts have signed the Professional Statement Opposing Water Fluoridation. Signers include Arvid Carlsson, 2000 Nobel Laureate for Physiology/Medicine; Hardy Limeback, PhD, DDS, former President of the Canadian Association of Dental Research; former Ministers of Health; and more than 550 MDs, 500 PhDs, and 350 dentists. Medical and scientific professionals are invited to consider adding their name to the petition at http://www.fluoridealert.org/
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s employee’s union calls for fluoridation moratorium:
2012 Harvard Fluoride-Brain Study.
2006 National Research Council Report on Fluoride:
The Case Against Fluoride, by Paul Connett PhD, Jim Beck, MD, PhD, and H. Spedding Micklen, D.Phil. 2010. Chesea Green Publishers.
The Fluoride Action Network (FAN) is a non-profit organization that seeks to broaden awareness among citizens, scientists, and policymakers alike about the toxicity of fluoride compounds. http://www.fluoridealert.org/