Published on September 13th, 2012 | by Dr L0
Water Water Water
- #1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (also applies to half the world population)
- #2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
- #3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolis
m as much as 3%.
- #4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- #5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- #6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- #7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- #8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.