• A A A
  • Blogs

    Not a member yet?

    friend, discuss, blog, shop, sell, ask

    Sign up instantly!

    Learn about member benefits

    Members

    1. nm

      Your Body Needs Full Spectrum Light for Optimal Function

      by
      By Dr. Mercola Without the sun there would be no life on this planet, and your body needs sun exposure for optimal health as well. In fact, the sun can be a great healer, providing benefits that go far beyond vitamin D synthesis. As noted by photobiologist Alexander Wunsch, humans...
    2. nm

      Tips for Fermenting at Home

      by
      By Dr. Mercola Long before the beneficial bacteria known as probiotics hit store shelves, cultures around the globe have been enjoying the benefits of a microbe-rich diet courtesy of fermented foods. Thousands of years ago, when fermented foods and beverages were first consumed, the microbial and enzymatic processes responsible for...
    3. nm

      Magnificent Milk Thistle

      by
      By Dr. Mercola Milk thistle is an herb that’s been used for thousands of years to support liver, kidney, and gall bladder health.1 It contains the flavonoid silymarin, which is thought to be responsible for many of its beneficial effects, including liver protection and antioxidant, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Native...
    4. nm

      Zucchini Egg Omelet with Mushrooms Recipe

      by
      By Dr. Mercola If you eat breakfast, get your family’s day off to a good start with this low-calorie yet high-fiber omelet recipe, which is best paired with fresh fruit or organic protein. They will surely thank you for this burst of energy! Ingredients: For the omelet 2 organic free-range...
    5. nm

      Neuroplasticity Redefines Our Understanding of the Brain

      by
      By Dr. Mercola In spite of being the focus of attention for centuries, the human brain continues to be enshrouded in mystery. One major discovery, however, has begun peeling back the veil and allowing scientists to see your brain’s inner workings with new eyes. Contrary to previously held beliefs, your...
    6. nm

      What Dangers Are Lurking in Your Household Dust?

      by
      By Dr. Mercola Americans spend 87 percent of their time in enclosed buildings and 6 percent of their time in enclosed vehicles.1 That’s a total of 93 percent of your life spent inside, breathing indoor air. Levels of many pollutants concentrate indoors, where levels are often 2 to 5 times...
    7. nm

      Different Emotions Reveal Changes in Tears Under Microscope

      by
      By Dr. Mercola Your body produces three different types of tears. There’s the basal variety, which are made as a form of lubrication and protection for your eyes. These are constantly secreted in tiny quantities (about one gram over a 24-hour period) and coat your eyes when you blink.1 You...
    8. nm

      Toxic Toothpaste Ingredients You Need to Avoid

      by
      By Dr. Mercola You might not think much about the ingredients in your toothpaste compared to the ingredients in your food or even other personal care products, but those pea-sized dollops on your toothbrush twice a day add up. Over the course of a lifetime, the average American uses about...
    9. nm

      Non-Stick Breast Milk?

      by
      By Dr. Mercola The average US baby is born with 200 industrial chemicals and other pollutants in its umbilical cord blood.1 Among them are poly- and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs), which are widely used in non-stick cookware, stain-, and water-repellant clothing, carpets, fabrics, and more. A baby’s umbilical cord blood will...
    10. nm

      Top 7 Nutrient-Dense Foods That Make Calorie Counting Obsolete

      by
      By Dr. Mercola If you’re seeking to lose excess weight, counting calories is usually less than helpful. In fact, focusing on calories could easily divert you from the real answer, which lies in optimizing your nutrition. I’ve long advocated against counting calories. Even if you manage to shed a few...
    11. nm

      Coffee and Tea for Health

      by
      By Dr. Mercola If you’re thirsty, pure water is always a good bet for a healthy beverage. But if you’re looking for a beverage to sip and savor while you start your day, take a work break, or relax in the evening, water doesn’t always hit the spot. Fortunately, while...
    12. nm

      Home Remedies for Dandruff

      by
      By Dr. Mercola By the age of 20, about 50 percent of the population worldwide, and 20 percent of Americans have suffered from dandruff, which is an excess of dead skin that dots your hair and shoulders, along with a potentially itchy, scaly scalp. Dandruff may also be accompanied by...
    Ad not found
    Hide